I may not be ready to say goodbye to summer just yet but as we approach my favourite time of year - Fall, I'm getting admittedly excited looking over the Fall must-haves and starting to think about what speaks to my personal style and what pieces I'll be incorporating into my Fall wardrobe.
There are a multitude of fashion trends to pick from and with that, it makes it easy to find the ones that work for your personality and let you put your best foot forward as the temperatures cool!
Just remember, not every trend is our friend and the best advice I can give and follow myself, is to know what looks good on your body and find the version that's age appropriate.
The good news is, that now a days, we're not boxed into a handful of must-have fashions but offered a great mix of fashions we can pick and choose from. Whether you engage in a small or large way, it's easy to play and if nothing else pick out your favourite, new on-trend colours for Fall and you're out the gate.
In my search of what's trending here are the ones, I'm in love with:
1. Fur and Shearling - Plush fur and shearlings. If you can dream it, you can find it. Everything from colour-blocked fur coats to statement making shearling biker jackets and everything in between.
2. Brights and Neons - This season is all about keeping our spirits bright and ready for whatever the weather brings our way. Vibrant hues of pink and green, to name just a few, are here to make us smile whether in a blouse, colour blocked dress, jacket or coat.
3. Sweater Dressing - It's all about knitwear. Knitwear like never before - everything from cowl-neck tops combined with skirts, fisherman knit sweaters and wonderfully beautiful dresses, skirts and pants all combined to make us feel knitwear cozy and high style.
4. Prints and Plaids - Graphic, rave, bold, art motifs and plaids - fresh and fun -- all the pattern and plaid you could possibly want with colour or not.
5. Short and Midi - whether you want to show your legs or wear the midi just above the ankle so not a maxi, this Fall has you covered.
6. Sixties - Retro trend - breathing in new life into sixties dresses.
7. Pastels - Not into the bright neons then go for your favourite pastel and bring out your softer side and you'll be on trend with Fall.
So, let the fun begin, start looking to see what new and wonderful Fall fashions speak to you and what you'll add to your wardrobe to say, "Hello Fall and I'm ready and waiting for you!" -- and of course, along the way, making sure to shine inside out!